At AMRI Hospital, we respect the personal and unique needs and values of each patient. We consider our patients to be partners in their medical care. Our expectation is that the observance of Patients' Rights will support mutual cooperation and greater satisfaction for patients and hospital staff.
As a Patient you have the right:
- To know the name, identity, and professional status of all persons providing services to you and to know the physician who is primarily responsible for your care.
- To receive complete and current information concerning your diagnosis, treatment and prognosis in a language that you can understand.
- To have access to all information contained in your medical record through your primary consultant.
- To an explanation in a language you can understand of any proposed procedure, drug or treatment; the possible benefits; the serious side effects, risks or drawbacks which are known; potential costs; problems related to recovery; and, the likelihood of success. The explanation should also include discussion of alternative procedures or treatments.
- To personal privacy. Care discussion, consultation, examination and treatment will be treated confidentially.
- To expect that all communications and records related to your care will be treated confidentially.
- To assistance in obtaining consultation with another physician regarding your care. This consultation may result in additional cost to you or your family.
- To request consultation with the Hospital Ethics Committee regarding ethical issues involved in your care.
- To be transferred to another facility at your request or when medically appropriate and legally permissible. You have a right to be given a complete explanation concerning the need for and alternatives to such a transfer. The facility to which you will be transferred must first accept you as a patient.
- To know if your care involves research or experimental methods of treatment. You have the right to consent or refuse to participate.
- To voice complaints regarding your care, to have those complaints reviewed, and, when possible, resolved without fear of any harm or penalty to yourself. You have the right to be informed of the response to your complaint.
- To examine your bill and receive an explanation of the charges.
- To be informed of any hospital policies, procedures, rules or regulations applicable to your care.
As a Patient it is your responsibility:
- To provide all personal and family health information needed to provide you with appropriate care. This includes reporting if you are in pain, or require pain relief.
- To participate to the best of your ability in making decisions about your medical treatment, and to comply with the agreed upon plan of care.
- To ask questions to your physician or other care providers when you do not understand any information or instructions.
- To inform your physician or other care provider if you desire a transfer of care to another physician, caregiver, or facility.
- To be considerate of others receiving and providing care.
- To observe facility policies and procedures, including those regarding smoking, noise, and number of visitors.
- To accept financial responsibility for health care services and settle bills promptly.
All Patients & Visitors are requested to follow the following norms and policies to co-operate Hospital authorities:
- Smoking & Spitting are strictly prohibited in the Hospital Premises.
- Litter to be dropped in bins.
- Do not try to shift or repair any equipment of the Hospital, nor bring from outside any such item for use in the Hospital.
- Do not keep windows/doors open while AC is on.
- Do not operate Oxygen/Vacuum yourself.
- Do not wash personal clothes in the Hospital premises.
- Do not allow your visitor to sit on your bed or overstay after the visiting hours.
- Do not give any tips to any hospital staff.
- All payments to be made at cash counter only against proper receipt.
- Please try to maintain "Silence" in the hospital premises, in the interest of patient care.